1. The best advice I ever got – Warren Buffett & Charlie Munger – http://cnnmon.ie/16oWenT
A snippett on best advice Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger got from each other – Investments, Business, Temprament, and Learning
2. A Dozen Investors Talk about the Folly of Macroeconomic Forecasting and the Importance on Focusing on Valuation/Margin of Safety TODAY – http://bit.ly/1fcuCow
Tren Griffin on – Benjamin Graham, Warren Buffett, Charlie Munger, Howard Marks, Michael Price, Sir John Templeton, Walter Schloss, Bill Ruane, Barry Rithholtz, and James Montier words on Macroeconomics and forecasts
3. Mental Model: Warren Buffett on Mr. Market – http://bit.ly/17H5F31
Warren Buffett’s explanation on Mr.Market in his 1987 letters to shareholders
1. How to get rich like Sir John Templeton – http://bit.ly/17PQDo7
A short and simple article on Sir John Templeton’s success – Surprisingly he borrowed money in 1930s and invested with guts in the stock markets, when everyone was running away from it during Great Depression
2. Warren Buffett: Top 3 investing mistakes to avoid – http://usat.ly/1bovELu
Warren Buffett’s advice to avoid 3 investing mistakes – Timing the market, Mimicing others and Paying fees & Expenses
3. Seven Key Tips to Value Investing – http://bit.ly/1aJQEya
Benjamin Graham’s 7 advices for value investors – Never lose money, Do not speculate, Avoid margin trading, Beware of Mr.Market, Margin of Safety, Analyse Management, and Read, Read and Read
4. Benjamin Graham on Liquidating Value – http://bit.ly/1aEVvAr
Though most of us do not invest in companies at liquidation value (unless you want to buy the entire business), this is still a good read to understand how Benjamin Graham analysed such companies during 1930s in his book Security Analysis
5. The Quality of Business Earnings – Checklist of Questions – http://bit.ly/17XkNFZ
One more checklist for investors – these 17 questions provide some insights on what to look for in a business
1. Nuggets of Advice on Selling Stocks from Investing Greats – http://bit.ly/185LAiD
Excellent collection of quotes from various investing great minds like Warren Buffett, Benjamin Graham, Seth Klarman, Sir John Templeton, George Soros and various others. The one I like the most is from Seth Klarman, for his simple statement about risk.
2. Investing In An Age Of Transient Competitive Advantages: A Book Review – http://bit.ly/1d5c6AN
Columnist John M.Mason reviews the book “The End of Competitive Advantage,” by Rita Gunther McGrath, published by the Harvard Business Review Press in 2013. In this article he also talks about his investing approach – durable competitive advantages, how he measures it and market share of the company in an industry.
3. How To Invest Like Carl Icahn – http://bit.ly/19MDvGz
An interesting article on Carl Icahn’s career and his investment strategies, his big wins and his current portfolio. Even though we as normal retail investors dont have the financial strength to take his investment approach, it is a good read to understand how great investors think and execute.