1. Two Dozen Things I’ve Learned from Bill Miller and Mohnish Pabrai about Investing – http://bit.ly/182kNdO
Tren Griffin on his learnings from BIll Miller and Mohnish Pabrai – From Bill Miller, Points 8 (Value traps) and 10 (Profit booking) and From Mohnish Pabrai, Points 7, 8 and 9 (Moats and Comp Adv)
2. Add Rocket Fuel to Your Net Net Stock Portfolio to Boost Your Returns – http://bit.ly/HZlngg
Wow. A simple and nice review and comparision on 2 companies – which may look great at first sight – only upon further analysis will know which company is better
3. The Greatest Economic Collapses In History – http://read.bi/1ioq016
One of the best books that I have read about Economic History is ‘The Ascent of Money’ by Niall Ferguson. This article from Business Insider gives a quick overview on worlds greatest economic collapses in history
1. Treasure Hunters of the Financial Crisis – http://nyti.ms/1hyc0nH
A long but interesting read on investors and funds who best utilised the 2008 financial crises and invested huge sums and reaped healthy returns
2. Discovering a Multi-bagger – http://bit.ly/1824POz
A simple and great article for us who are chasing multibaggers. As stated, the process should be right and result will follow, selecting, checking and confirming our conviction regularly and holding on with patience. Reference quote from Motley fool is very interesting
3. Keynote Address by Mohnish Pabrai – http://bit.ly/173zdY5
A half hour video clipping on Mohnish’s keynote address at TiECON Southwest conference
1. Does Valuation Matter? – http://bit.ly/16rgO3y
An article on why valuation matter and types of valuation and issues in finding fair value of a stock
2. Inflation and Stock Selection – http://bit.ly/1ci2PV4
This article focuses on how inflation impacts stock returns, and companies that stand to benefit and loose from inflationary scenario.
3. The Almighty Investment Strategy Following the Footsteps of Ben Graham – http://bit.ly/1afA0UG
A nice article on Ben Graham’s Net Net approach and situations that trigger such opportunities.
4. Mohnish Pabrai: Here’s Why Buffett Bought Coke (KO) in 1987 – http://bit.ly/GzFRL8
An excellent article which refers to Mohnish Pabrai’s points to note on why and how Warren Buffett bought Coke.
1. How Mohnish Pabrai Crushed the Market By 1100% Since 2000 – http://onforb.es/1bBiEpE
A nice article on Mohnish Pabrai by Forbes – As great investors do, he also has an attachment to moats and margin of safety, and follows a checklist. One thing to learn from his how he looks into his failures, analyses them and learns from them, and also about his strategy on taking strategies of other great investors
2. Financial Ratio Analysis – http://bit.ly/1bbPrCr
A good compilation of a few regularly used financial ratios in investing. Nicely grouped under profit sustainability, operational efficiency, liquidity, leverage and others. Though most of these are already known, I liked the ‘Operational Self-sufficiency’ and ‘Adequacy of Resources’
3. How Billionaires hit it big – http://bit.ly/1bFDynv
The wealth creation career of great billionaires like Warren Buffett, Elon Musk, Oprah Winfrey and others are amazingly depicted in one page infographic
1. The 1975 Buffett memo that saved WaPo’s pension – http://bit.ly/14NqquF
This is the letter sent by Warren Buffett to Katherine Graham – CEO of Washington Post regarding their pension plans and how it could impact them in future and what she can do about it. She took his advice and rest is history. This website also has the link to the entire memo for download. There is a lot to learn from this memo.
2. Mohnish Pabrai, Guy Spier UC Davis Value Class – http://bit.ly/144wIDx
Mohnish Pabrai and Guy Spier share their talk about investing and their experience in this video – This was from Aug 2012.
1. Irrational behavior and all justifications – Author talks about how irrationality drives markets with good examples, mostly seems true – http://bit.ly/14gDNwe
2. Mohnish Pabrai ISB Hyderabad July 2013 Presentation – A lengthy presentation by Mohnish Pabrai in ISB Hyderabad on investing – http://bit.ly/16CVBVx
3. The 3 Most Important Words in Investing – Why margin of safety is important in investing decisions. This article talks about an example by Warren Buffett’s investing in the company Data Documents. Given the uncertainity of predicting future business prospects, it is great to pick good stocks based on consistent current or even past performance, but with a margin of safety – http://bit.ly/15kBsk4
4. The Ultimate Guide to Stock Valuation – This guide from Jae Jun of Old School value is an excellent book on valuation. This talks about Why Valuation matters and emphasises that Valuation is an Art. This book discusses 8 key valuation techniques. Finally it suggests a list of books to read for every investor – http://bit.ly/11Zrish