1. The 17 Equations That Changed The World – http://read.bi/IcBDdl
An excellent distillation of world famous equations. I have heard a few and understood a very few, several are new
2. Are Bubbles Caused by Psychological Problems? – http://bit.ly/18kRAbS
Rober Shiller’s words on how economic bubbles can be compared to psychological malfunction.
3. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, Ramesh Damani & Raamdeo Agrawal’s Investment Tips & Techniques – http://bit.ly/1cFZfRb
A nice article on words of wisdom from India’s greatest investing minds.
4. How Position Sizing Based on Probability of Returns Can Save Your Portfolio – http://bit.ly/1fhljGE
Jae Jun of OSV writes about the role of probability in position sizing from the wisdom of Vitaliy Katsenelson
1. Two Dozen Things I’ve Learned from Bill Miller and Mohnish Pabrai about Investing – http://bit.ly/182kNdO
Tren Griffin on his learnings from BIll Miller and Mohnish Pabrai – From Bill Miller, Points 8 (Value traps) and 10 (Profit booking) and From Mohnish Pabrai, Points 7, 8 and 9 (Moats and Comp Adv)
2. Add Rocket Fuel to Your Net Net Stock Portfolio to Boost Your Returns – http://bit.ly/HZlngg
Wow. A simple and nice review and comparision on 2 companies – which may look great at first sight – only upon further analysis will know which company is better
3. The Greatest Economic Collapses In History – http://read.bi/1ioq016
One of the best books that I have read about Economic History is ‘The Ascent of Money’ by Niall Ferguson. This article from Business Insider gives a quick overview on worlds greatest economic collapses in history
1. Henry Singleton: A Master of Capital Allocation – http://bit.ly/cJMda1
A nice article about lesser known (atleast for me :)) great investor and capital allocator Henry Singleton who generated 30% plus ROE and consistent YOY growth in EPS over a decade.
2. Kenneth Andrade Strategy For Buying Winning Stocks – http://bit.ly/1cVlQhk
Kenneth Andrade – Fund manager of IDFC AMC and his investing approach, his winning and losing picks. Also, has a link to his interview in Economic Times.
3. Is Peter Lynch’s GARP Investing Dead? – http://bit.ly/1eNehJN
A nice argument on whether do we have opportunities to pick Peter Lynch style growth at reasonable priced stocks in today’s changing business environment.
4. Visiting the Basics of the Dividend Payout Ratio – http://bit.ly/18Fp4y6
Revisiting Dividend Payout Ratio basics. Understanding this metric is very important in picking stocks.
1. Treasure Hunters of the Financial Crisis – http://nyti.ms/1hyc0nH
A long but interesting read on investors and funds who best utilised the 2008 financial crises and invested huge sums and reaped healthy returns
2. Discovering a Multi-bagger – http://bit.ly/1824POz
A simple and great article for us who are chasing multibaggers. As stated, the process should be right and result will follow, selecting, checking and confirming our conviction regularly and holding on with patience. Reference quote from Motley fool is very interesting
3. Keynote Address by Mohnish Pabrai – http://bit.ly/173zdY5
A half hour video clipping on Mohnish’s keynote address at TiECON Southwest conference
1. Klarman: The Real Secret To Investing Is That There is No Secret To Investing – http://bit.ly/19W0i0o
An excellent post on value investing. Though read and heard many times over, worth reading again – quotes and references from various investors and books and their successes
2. 12 Investment Guidelines for My Grandchildren – http://bit.ly/18o8zX5
A dozen principles from Jae Jun for investing. Simple and easy to read and understand, but, let us make sure to implement
3. Human psychology in economics – http://bit.ly/171ylDb
An nice excerpt from “Financial Whirlpools: A Systems Story of the Great Global Recession”, by Karan L. Higgins
1. Professor Sanjay Bakshi’s Value Investing Articles/Talks – http://bit.ly/1bboGtk
An excellent collection of everything by our professor Sanjay Bakshi – Wealth of information to preserve and read and re-read
2. Meet Mumbai’s rags-to-riches Restaurant King – http://bit.ly/1hQ77Ed
Story of an entrepreneur restauranteur Suresh Poojari – A true Rags to Riches story of the famous restaurant ‘Sukh Sagar’ (Ocean of happiness)
3. What We Can Learn From Vijay Kedia’s Strategy Of Finding Multibagger Stocks – http://bit.ly/1hoCR5p
A short introduction about Vijay Kedia – a successful stock investor and his approach of finding great businesses and his portfolio success
1. The Ultimate Guide to Successful Equity Investing – http://bit.ly/HGh4GS
A starter’s guide on Equity Investing from personalfn.com. Covers all basics on how to build a portfolio, valuation ratios, and lessons from great investors.
2. Charles Munger: A Lesson on Elementary, Worldly Wisdom As It Relates To Investment Management & Business – http://bit.ly/1bNdH9E
Complete transcript of a speech that Charlie Munger did in the USC Business School in 1994. It could be a repeat, but, as and when I get to see words of wisdoms from greatest minds, I try to read them again and post them again.
3. Common Sense Investing: The Papers of Benjamin Graham – http://bit.ly/1b5dBvD
Jae Jun has posted on oldschoolvalue.com the collection of papers from Benjamin Graham. Wealth of knowledge. Must read (I am yet to read in full though):)